To the boy in that cafe

You look at me, sensing my gaze, staring at you.
I avert my eyes, leaving you to wonder what was on my mind.
You try to think of all the possible things that the random girl staring at you could be thinking.
But what if there were no thoughts at all
What if my mind was as blank as your face right now
What if I was just looking at you to memorize your smile.
To memorize the little creases at the corner of your eyes while you smiled.
To memorize the black strands of your overgrown hair adorning your forehead.
To take in the warm color of your skin.
To see your lips move as you talk.
To go past your spectacles to be able to guage the depth of your dark eyes.
Like a child, just admiring, the soaring airplane, in awe.
Like a bird, chirping its heart out not caring the world listening.
Like a piece of straw, floating on the vast ocean, not caring about reaching the shore.
What if I tell you I look at you, wishing you knew that you are what courses through my mind, reflecting in my eyes, gushing through my veins, are you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I'll live.

Rang de Zindagi ! Splash your life with the colours of life !

Old souls