The Old Times

Fountain pens.
The old times.
Very few people prefer writing with fountain pens these days. Gel and ball pens are ahead in the race but, typing is always the winner.
Thought of something nice? Just type it in the notepad of your phone and you're done. Or just tweet it !
I observed that typing breaks the chain of thoughts and writing lets them flow.
I have many friends who write but I have few who write. My mother has her own collection of fountain pens and I do, too. I consider myself lucky to get friends who still admire these beauties.
Some ask 'why fountain pens when all the pens write the same words?''
'Feelings, passion and thoughts must always be liquid, like the ink' I say.
Gel glides but doesn't flow.
You need to fall in love with this beauty to see it work its magic on your thoughts.
These days fountain pens are so rare that all the shopkeepers tell me to find them online. The trip to the shop goes in vain. Fountain pens are to be gotten personally, looking at many, holding each, searching the one that traps you in its elegance.
I just penned down these thoughts with a fountain pen I bought yesterday but, well, I didn't like its design but I bought it anyway. The extinction of the classic design is my worst nightmare.
And yes I know this is a disorganised set of thoughts but, atleast now you know what to bring on my birthdays! ;)

Comments

  1. Awesomely written bachcha😯👌I also have a great collection of fountain pens, wooden sticks and feathers . 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the "I have many friends who write but I have few who write" bit. Not sure if you'll be able to relate to this, but back in school days, we all had Hero pens. Some lucky few would have the one where you could press the refill in the inkpot, while most of us would have the one you fill using an Ink stopper. The truly privileged ones would have a Schaeffer. This was way before brands like Mont Blanc was even known to most folks.

    But yes, writing with a Fountain Pen has its own charm. You can't do calligraphy kinda strokes with ballpen or gel pens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its alway good to right oops 😬 write with a fountain ⛲️ pen . And the memories remain for ever

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So I'll live.

Rang de Zindagi ! Splash your life with the colours of life !

Old souls